Already after two weeks we wait you in Tartu! The FM&NT-2017 starts on April 24 with welcome party and excursions in the new building of the Institute of Physics (Physicum), University of Tartu. The conference will be held at the Dorpat conference centre in Tartu, Estonia in April, 25 – 27, 2017.
The preliminary program is already available, check http://www.fmnt.ut.ee/program/
NB! Small changes +/- one hour are still possible!
For posters we have special stands, where the posters sized exactly A0 (841 x 1189 mm) or A1 (841 x 594 mm) format can be hanged.
If you will use different size, you will have problems hanging your poster on those stands. Therefore, if your poster is already printed in different size, let us (firstname.lastname@example.org) know ASAP (definitely before April 20), so that we can find a different place for your poster.
The timing of posters sessions you find at http://www.fmnt.ut.ee/program-poster-session/
Full papers will be reviewed and published in the Proceedings of Estonian Academy of Science. It is a journal, indexed in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science database. Each full-delegate can publish one full paper.
We strongly encourage you to submit the full papers (only one full paper per participant) before or at least during the conferene (24.-27. April 2017).
The official deadline for submitting full paper texts is May 7, 2017.
The length of your paper should not exceed 8 pages. Normally, in one page you will have ca 3700-5000 symbols.
Please upload the compressed zip-file of your full paper, intended for publication in “Proceedings of the Estonian Academy of Sciences”, prepared according to format suggestions in Instructions to Authors here: http://www.fmnt.ut.ee/paper-upload/. Submission of one full paper is free of charge for FM&NT-2017 participant
Main topics of the conference
· Sustainable energetics
· Functional- and nanomaterials including biomaterials
· Optical materials
· Novel characterisation methods
· Low dimensional systems
In FM&NT-2017 conference the following leading scientists will present
their newest results:
• Andris Anspoks, When and how oxide nano-particles are formed in advanced ODS steels? Practical application of advanced structure analysis methods
• Wei Cao, Functional nanomaterials for sustainable energy
• Robert A. Evarestov, New insight on the supercell model of imperfect crystals
• Anatoly I. Frenkel, Shining Synchrotron Light on Active Species in the Nanoscale
• Andrei Kholkin, Electrochemical strain microscopy
• Konstantin Klementiev, MAX IV laboratory in Lund, Sweden: research portfolio, present status expected performance
• Malle Krunks, Novel materials for future PV technologies.
• Ru-Shi Liu, All-inorganic perovskite quantum dot nanocomposite with high stability and wide color gamut used for backlight display
• Boris Polyakov, Nanomanipulations and tribological experiments on heterostructured core-shell nanowires
• Marina Popova, Multifunctional materials from the huntite family
• Martins Rutkis, CAMART2 – boosting technology transfer
• Subhash C. Singhal, General problems of solid oxide fuel cells in sustainable energetics.
• Krisjanis Smits, Lanthanide ion luminescence for studies of oxide nanocrystals.
• Aivars Vembris, Organic molecular glasses for light amplification in solid state lasers
• Tomoyuki Yamamoto, Local environment of dilute 3d transition elements in optical materials – XANES measurements and DFT calculations
• Herre van der Zant, The physics and applications of graphene membranes.
Tartu is a modern city with a rich historical heritage and culture. It is the intellectual capital of Estonia. Six month ago the Estonian biggest and most modern museum – Estonian National Museum was opened here. Please read more about it in The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/jan/01/estonia-national-museum-review-touching-and-revealing-dgt-dorell.
All FM&NT-2017 delegates will have a great opportunity to visit this museum during conference dinner and excursion on 26. April 2017.
For those, who are not yet registered:
The registration to the conference is still opened, please visit our conference web http://www.fmnt.ut.ee/registration/ for registration.
The submission of late abstracts (only for poster presentations) is open until April 21, 2017.
The abstracts will be collected in MS Word (*.doc or *.docx) and *.pdf formats. Templates, abstract submission form and other information regarding the abstracts can be found here:
Additional information can be found at http://fmnt.ut.ee/.
Please visit http://www.fmnt.ut.ee/ for further information or send Your inquiry to email@example.com by email.